View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 11:15   Link #188
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I figured not many people would be looking at the episode 8 thread. I'm exceptionally good dodging spoilers Anyways, I'm caught up now so it's okay.

Anyways, from my general opinion of how these anime shows go, it seems probable that the eventual pairing is Shin and Hiromi. Personally though I would prefer it to be a Noe and Shin ending because I really feel indifferent to Hiromi's character. It has seemed thin ever since the beginning. I see nothing in the way the writers have developed their "relationship"...unlike with Noe who I find to be a more empathetic character and has more depth between them. Basically I feel like Hiromi & Shin are after each other because the writers tell them to, it doesn't feel very realistic.
Like many others, it seems that you have let the first 8 episodes affect your opinion of Hiromi. During that time, actually for the previous year, Hiromi had to live under the cloud of the lie told by Shin's mother while being mentally abused to some extent so it was natural that she could'nt make much progress in their relationship.

The writers did let us know that Hiromi was a much more cheerful person before she moved in and was told that lie. They have also been classmates since elementary school and were at least friendly casual friends until the past year. So in order to get the proper perspective you have to factor in what the writers are saying in that some of the development already happened before the show started. From episode 9 onwards they have resumed their friendly interaction and continued on from there.

As for Noe, I see a mostly one sided relationship in terms of their feelings. Noe has fallen hard for Shin. Both of them have never dated before so they are inexperienced in all this. I think Shin feels something for Noe but only a fraction of what she feels for him and Noe knows it. Noe has inspired him but more as a close friend would than in romantic terms. The subject of his picture book is still Hiromi and his thoughts and feelings are primarily for her as well. Noe realized all that in episode 9.