View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 02:35   Link #2569
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I finally have my holidays again, haven't touched Skyrim for 4 months and its still in Vanilla after 400 hours of play. Anyone has any good mod recommendations?

I don't really need texture packs, since my com is crappy and I play on low, medium settings.

Any must get mods that improves performance, convenience, menu functions etc.

Maybe more equipment, increased difficulty, better models and such.
From what I've scavenged off the Skyrim Nexus, these are the mods I'd install every time I got to play Skyrim:

Categorized Favorites Menu - This is a MUST. The vanilla favorites were a ridiculous mess once you got more shouts/spells/potions.
Einherjar + Warchief armor - Absolutely stunning standalone endgame armor. Lore-friendly, much better looking than Dragonplates or Ebony stuff imho (light/heavy variants, craftable).
JaySuS Swords - Some of the best looking lore-friendly weaponry from a mod. Once again, craftable (steel perk).
Winter is Coming (cloaks) - If you want a giant piece of fur on your back.
Pines of Whiterun - Trees added to the city. I usually stay away from mods changing the aesthetics of towns, but this one is worth it. Vanilla Whiterun looks so barren.
Dungeons/Wilds (Sounds of Skyrim) - Ambient surround sounds added to the wilderness. Wolves howling at night, wraiths screeching in dungeons. It makes the game a little more lively and unpredictable.