View Single Post
Old 2006-01-02, 00:19   Link #102
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Actually, ME, you had it right in the very last line. They prioritized their own needs and desires above the needs and desires of the rest of the universe. You know, kind of like the blood money I earn (believe me, it IS blood money) working for 8 hours a day 5 days a week in the summer doesn't just go to some charity, but goes to buy me books, or a new computer, or something.

So yes, if you accuse them of that, you're absolutely right. They prioritize their own needs over everyone else's, they fight what THEY believe in, not Durandall, nor any of his supporters. They want things their way, and when they can fight for what they want, they WILL. It's actually called BEING HUMAN, which goes back to my point to begin with. They're HUMAN, not demigods. They really aren't there too much for the world. They're there because they have a claim to stake that connects to them personally, especially after Darth Gichou probably (well, he did, but Kira never found that out with hard proof) sent those assassins after Lacus, and was undoubtedly trying to kill her after that.

So it's about Durandall being a threat to the CF personally that he had to die. The Destiny Plan didn't help his case either by getting the CF more evidence to come after him, and nor did his manipulation of sweet, innocent Mia. And Mia died too . Bastard Gichou.
Yet somehow they believe them to be doing Mankind a service by being selfish like that. Thus the arrogant comment from Gil. Phrase it however you want, Kira and Lacus though under the banner of salvation work torward their own arrogant end. They do jack to better the world on their off time, yet somehow they know what's best. The 'goddess' is always right.

Kira himself admitted that his own actions would cause wars. That he because of his selfish nature would doom the rest of humanity to endless violence, chaos and destruction. You're right they are humans, not gods. They should stop playing with people's lives as if there were gods.

If your excuse is that because they have the power to do so that makes it right, then you can no longer blame Gil, Rey, Shinn or anyone else for doing what the do.

Again with the 'they' decide what's best for mankind and who gets to live or die. I didn't know vigalantism was something to be praised. Mia died cause she jumped in the way of a bullet, hardly what I'd call Gil's fault. More like Mia's stupidity.
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote