View Single Post
Old 2010-11-01, 15:15   Link #2131
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
We don't know what Ranka meant when she said that she wouldn't lose in love (does this mean that she's going after Alto?
You know, I'd really like to see her try. I suspect she'd be rather bad at it. Also, that statement of hers was made without knowing the facts of how far ahead Sheryl and Alto already were.

Quote:
No, I think Alto's and Grace's exchange is the Main Theme of the series: Because people are individuals we can love (as I loosely translated their exchange in the final battle).
I most definitely agree.

Quote:
So...
Main Theme: Individuality (Main conflict)
Sub Theme: Communication (The source of many conflicts)
Sub-Sub Themes: Everything else
I'd say the fragility of the environment is definitely in the "sub-theme" category, since it was stressed so much during the show.

Quote:
And this just became so off-topic. Um, so what does everyone think about the Ranka promos for the next movie? Personally, I'm apprehensive. TFS went and aged up Ranka a bit, but from the promotional posters, it seems like WoG will undo that work.
While I don't think it will happen, it be hi-la-ri-o-us if Kawamori would deliberately undo all the progress movie Ranka made in comparison to series Ranka and would let her fail as spectacularly as in the series. That'd definitely confirm that Ranka was meant as a deconstruction of the moe type character.