View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 05:17   Link #2892
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
But then again, my first Japanese figures were two Nendoroids, bought at a local shop. I think that it's best to get your first taste by buying something in person. For me, it makes the memory a lot better ("My first figure, I bought it at a toy shop" vs "My first figure, I bought it sitting in front of my computer". I love going places, and going to that shop was a new experience, makes the memory so much more memorable). Another pro to going to a store is to see what the figures look like in real person. When I first walked in that shop, I was (at first) unpleasantly surprised that these expensive figures were so much smaller than I thought $80 could get you ("my Barbies never cost that much! and the Barbies are bigger!" I thought ). I got over this feeling and now love the painstaking detail that goes into my Japanese figures; perhaps seeing one in person will change your mind in one direction or the other.
Same for me too, thats why I let a local anime-store handle most of my orders (although I could do it myself) and whenever I go to pick them up I can also browse through all their stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Ahhhhh what the hell, for some reason I'm now thinking about not buying any figures at all, I have 3 on pre-order, I'm somehow getting away from Anime, it might be because I turned 18, help me !
There are times like that, when you need a break. I haven't watched a single anime episode in over three weeks, and don't feel like buying new figures either - that's why I got mangas and magazines this month. You'll come around, don't worry about that