View Single Post
Old 2007-10-12, 00:16   Link #590
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
I'm not calling you a liar, but I'd be very curious to see that. Gainax pretty much stated they had future plans for this franchise, so it's pretty much a given.
There's some talk of that comment being in dispute. The Austrian fellow who brought up Yamaga's comments appears to be the only person to testify to them, multiple individuals who went to Con-ichi have claimed that comment was never made.

Even if in the AS spoiler topic, if there's not multiple verifications we can't trust the info totally.

Though, logically, since GL is Gainax's only major property in the past two years it's what they think about when they wake up - more seems probable. Sadly, Gainax's poor markeing when it comes to the title (namely, releasing the video game, manga, DVDs, Best Sound, and all that) AFTER the show has aired and everyone knows the ending is a bit silly. Sunrise's marketing is much more efficient, and viral I must say (to the negative).

ADV being slow-pokes is also annoying as well, not to mention their dilatory action in putting up a website and translating all the stuff for the property. The way anime goes, even a popular title like GL can be forgotten fairly quickly - this story should have been chucked out as quickly as possible.

Outside of SaiGar and Banpresto's Super Robot War title in two~three years (which might not even feature GL) to keep it in the lime-light, I don't think this title has enough momentum, given the lackluster ending, for people to continue to hype it even after it ended.

I'd only say it's a "worth a watch" title, not the "must see of 2007" like I would have said around fifteen.