View Single Post
Old 2011-02-09, 13:02   Link #112
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Unfortunately, Thoma still has a long way to go before reaching true GAR levels.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
The only impression I got from the masked guy was that he was sketchy as ****, honestly. If he was friends with them, why hide his face?
I was under the impression that Tsuzuki was deconstructing the Mysterious Protector staple of maho shojo genre, and it hit quite close. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Good point, but it's why I think Isis might hold the key to a cure. Isis could be from a pre-eclipse sample of Karen, or Jail could have unknowingly figured out a cure by cloning Karen and straining out the Eclipse. Perhaps he was trying to gain the advantages of an Eclipse-infected person, without the disadvantages. It was research never brought to fruition, though, since Fate captured him before Isis was complete (and she was the first prototype, so didn't get much of the advantages, if any).

But if anything about this crackpot theory is true, I'm leaning towards Isis being from a pre-eclipse sample.
Actually, I think that Isis was made by the same guy who created the Type Zeroes. Unlike Scaglietti, he is still at large and has been so since 0064, at least. If you recall, Subaru and Ginga were captured/adopted by Quint just two years before Isis is believed to have been born: just enough time for whoever made S&G to create a replacement.

As for the connection to Karen, if it is, indeed, true that some sinister conspiracy (a.k.a. Scientists of Chapter One) is deliberately infecting people with Eclipse and the Hucks are the only ones who managed to escape, then it seems plausible to me that they would be connected to the creator of Type Zeroes and can potentially supply him with genetic material.

Karen appears to be in her mid-twenties, while Isis is 15. Meaning that even if Karen was infected at Stella's age, there would still be enough time to sample her genetic material for cloning Isis before that happened.