View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 21:02   Link #1995
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm not sure the Patriots are the Spurs of the NFL. Sure, they aren't as flashy as some other teams but they're still exciting to watch. Especially with guys like Woodhead, 5'8 and sub 200 lbs charging forward, breaking tackles, and being so damn agile you wonder if he's walking on air rather than turf...

Manning's a great QB, but I agree with JS it's time we realized Brady is the best of this era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
What I love about the debate is that if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl this season and Manning gets back to playing to his normal level, people will be saying Manning is the G.O.A.T.
The thing about Manning and all of his great stats, up until the last couple years, he's ALWAYS had Pro-bowl HOF receivers. And for the most part, the same ones year in and year out. He's also had the same coordinators and coaches around him. Year in and year out, he knew exactly who he had around him. He also plays in a dome. He doesn't play outside(and we all know he SUCKS if it's raining, it's cold, or it's snowing).

Brady on the other hand, has had to deal with new receiving groups every couple of years. He watches as his Coordinators move away to big coaching jobs every 2-3 years. His defense has gotten steadily worse since their Superbowl winning years. He's also the most winning est Quarterback since he became a Starter. Fastest QB to 100 wins. When he finally had a Hall of Fame Receiver, BAM he put out Record numbers THAT FIRST YEAR. Brady plays well in good or bad weather, as he proves every year. Both of his Tight ends are rookies. Brandon Tate was hurt almost his entire rookie year last year. Welker is coming back from a MAJOR leg injury from last year. Woodhead was cut from the Jets practice squad in September. Deion Branch was with Seattle for the past 4 years until middle of this season. Moss is gone. They're down to their 4th string running back. They didn't have Logan M. on their offensive line until several weeks ago. Their one rookie TE is the youngest player in the NFL who just turned 21 last month. And holy hell Brady is putting on a Clinic this year.

Oh yeah, and all of this two years since he missed an entire season due to that leg injury. I guess he needs to win a couple more Superbowl rings, AND beat Dan Marino's passing yards record to finally get the recognition he deserves.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote