View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 14:18   Link #647
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Remind me to not recommend ARIA to some of you people. "Slice of Life" anime are not supposed to be adrenline-pumped, and anybody who thinks otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment. If you want to watch an anime that makes you want to chop bricks and wrestle lions afterwards, fine, but not all anime are like that.

Sometimes, just sometimes, a person wants to snuggle in, enjoy a drink, and watch a relaxing episode.

Natch.
I'm a humongous ARIA fan (and slice of life in general) fan and I still found Hyouka boring. Please don't give people the wrong idea and put them off a wonderful series like ARIA. You can definitely love one of these two shows and hate the other. Not that I hate Hyouka, I just found it dull and soulless. The oh so important little spark was simply not there. Hopefully, it will appear later.

I believe the main reason so many people including me were disappointed is that they simply did not know what to expect. Or rather, had mistaken expectations. I for one was expecting a mystery (since, you know, every single site claimed this is what it was) with slice of life elements, I got slice of life with terrible mystery elements. You'd almost think the synopsis for the series is wrong.

Now I realize this is only the first episode, so it's still too early to dismiss this series. That doesn't mean we can't express our disappointment over this first episode though. If the following episodes raise the bar, then everything will be alright.