View Single Post
Old 2007-12-18, 16:20   Link #38
Fervor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
One obvious event that sticks out like a smashed up thumb...the scene where he kissed kotonoha in front of sekai. I honestly cannot believe that he didn't have a clue on how sekai would feel so in this case I would say that his intent on causing emotional harm to her was on purpose.
I actually think this was deliberately put in by the writers to make the viewers hate him more and try to justify the killing. For me, this action is very much out of character for him. He is extremely non confrontational and it just doesn't fit. It's pure shock value, IMO.

In any case, the only times he did something intentionally to hurt someone was when he was forced in a direct confrontation to say or do something. If he wasn't forced, he always ran away and delayed action.

I do think that he did eventually become fairly deliberate and calculating in continuing his playboy behavior. I also think that he did start to wake up at the end when he did finally say that psycho girl was his girlfriend.

This whole event did not take all that much time. There a lot of changes that happened in a very short period of time. That's also why I think it quite possible that Makoto could change back into a nice decent person.

Sex can be like a drug. Sexual addiction is a real thing. People who get addicted do some pretty crappy things to get their fix.