View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 21:23   Link #164
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Upon hearing that this show was supposed to be a BFD a couple of months ago, I went into information-blackout mode. I came in with two pieces of information, specifically: 1) The title and 2) that the action apparently takes place within an MMO. So I was pretty delighted by the whole thing.

Some very liberal suspension of disbelief is required in order to accept that something so utterly insane could be allowed to happen in a functioning society, but I trust that all of the details of how this lunatic could possibly have pulled off something so ridiculously impossible will be revealed of in due time. For now, I'll just repeat the MST3K mantra, and enjoy the survival game.

I really enjoy that there's no magic (as such) present in the game. It's devious, in retrospect. No fireball-throwing at hapless bear cubs, no goofy folding your hands to send panacea-sparkles into your disemboweled buddy to get him up and dancing again. Just you, a blade, and all the leather you can skin vs. the world. That's one serious enforced hardcore rule set.

I think we're going to continue to see that "/who all" list shrink at breakneck speed until it gets to the point where encountering other adventuring parties will be a rare and tense occurrence, and completing the game will fall to the core cast. MC seems to think things are going to get kind of competitive, so I'm betting at least a few of the other players will become just as dangerous if not more so than whatever the twisted GM has in store.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote