View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 21:11   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the cliff-hanger here is a 'fake-out' Where the viewers are made to go "oh snap! **** is going to go down!"

and get excited for the next episode, and its just something Lawrence misheard or its not going to hit the level of climax we were expecting. (maybe I been watching too many jdramas)

anyway, I'm surprised at how successful Lawrence seems to be as a merchant. His 'savings' isn't really revealed and he lost almost all his worth from the armor incident in season 1.

And an earlier episode, Horo mentioned he made enough money already to open his shop. I was under the impression Lawrence while a decent merchant himself is still in the apprentice/learning stage. Didn't he say he saved like 2 years to buy the clothes that Horo ended up claiming in episode 1 from under his wagon. And he has enough money for his own store already?
Yeah I wonder if they are trying to fool us or not. Though every arc does have a crisis so it very well could not be a bluff. Lawrence said himself that things were going well which is usually a clear indication that something terrible is coming .

Well we do have to take into account the amount of money Lawrence made in the last arc. He pretty much put everything he could into getting pyrite to sell it and make the market crash. Since he sold a lot at the high point you'd assume he made quite a substantial profit out of it. Might be wrong but I don't think he would have enough to open a shop if it wasn't for the amount he made in that situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Lol poor Horo, she's going to have to save herself from being sold twice in 13 episodes, that's gotta be some kind of record.
And don't forget behind held hostage in the first season. I guess you can say that her life has been rather eventful since she met Lawrence .