View Single Post
Old 2011-01-09, 15:10   Link #21413
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I have answers as well. I wrote answers for about 95% of the stuff concerning Umineko. And that's why I don't care about receiving other inputs at this point. We've been discussing this story long enough, I have already reached my own conclusions and I doubt that anything new can emerge at this point. We would need some new input, but it appears there won't be anything else.

However it would pretentious and arrogant for anyone to claim that the truth they have reached is the truth just because they say it.

So let's take the example of the powerful MMORPG item that Ryuukishi himself made. I've played a MMORPG so I can talk by experience.

The truth each one of us reached is comparable to an incredible rare item that we have obtained after 2 or more years of hard work.

However all the alleged qualities of this item are merely speculated. The item description doesn't mention what this incredible rare item actually does. We know that there has been a widespread theory among the players, and until this point we thought that was indisputable. But then some rumors start to spread: "this item is actually worthless", "all the various powers that people seem to notice are just a placebo effect".

So now we are in the position where we do not know if the item we've been working hard for so long was actually worth all that effort.

And this, my friend, sucks.
I don't think it sucks.

Using that MMO analogy, we defeated the last boss and obtained the incredible rare item. I think even MMO players will argue with you about this.

What was the correct goal of the MMO game?
  • To defeat the final boss? “I was part of this guild and we were first to kill boss X on server Y.”
  • To make friends in an online community and have fun with them? ”I don’t remember any of the stats of those rare items. However, we worked hard together so that we could obtain them.”
  • To identify the item since the description doesn't mention what this incredible rare item actually does? ”We put in years of work for this. The reward must be worth our time.”
I don’t have a problem with any of those goals. They are all correct goals. However, for this game, we have received an official statement saying that the item will not be identified for us. He’s given us the identification tools and all we have to do is identify it ourselves.