View Single Post
Old 2009-01-08, 19:43   Link #1263
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Yeah because people form a deep, romantic connection in a span of 28 hours.

Even though they haven't formed a deep connection, Kubo has chose to keep them in the manga together for over a year already. I hardly see her falling out of the spotlight soon.

And if you look back to the SS arc, Orihime was just a mere classmate to him. And now he RAGES when he hears her name? His reiatsu seeks out to her instead of his best friend Rukia? What's up with that? They barely even knew each other back then, so you can say they got closer over the past few years, but not as deep as the IchiRuki bond.
Don't give me any of that sass missy. You're the one who suggested that their romantic pairing was inevitable because Kubo had drawn them together in the manga.

There's a difference between drawing characters together (as in sharing panels/scenes) in a manga and giving them a deep emotional connection or suggesting a romantic bond is developing between them.

Ichigo has spent more manga time with Nel than Orihime in the past year and a half of manga chapters so should I conclude from that that Kubo is trying to tell us they are destined to be together? It's a stretch no matter how you slice it. Orihime remains in the plot as a plot movement device not because Kubo is trying to develop a romantic relationship between her and Ichigo. Remember what kind of manga you're reading - it ain't shoujo.

At the beginning of the SS arc Ichigo barely acknowledged Orihime, now they are friends. That tends to happen when people go through a traumatic situation together - they get closer. Ichigo rages over what has been DONE to Orihime, just as he would any of his friends. Considering their close friendship I firmly believe that were it Chad who was kidnapped Ichigo's reaction would have been equally as intense. He's not raging because "omg ORIHIME is being trash talked/threatened", it's because one of his FRIENDS/NAKAMA period is being treated that way.