View Single Post
Old 2010-01-10, 23:54   Link #16
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
QFTMFT. I couldn't have said it better myself.
*high fives*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
Mr. T even turned down the chance to have a cameo, so I have to assume it's because this move will be terrible.
It's called common sense.
When you had a good thing and it has run it's natural course, you leave it be. Why tarnish the memories of your co-workers and that one awesome moment in time with trying to resurrect a clone in another age of time?
Glad he rejected it, I assume he's more than satisfied with his time and isn't desperate (alike a few other Hollywood actors) to bring back the past in attempt to recapture glory.

It's probably easier for the main 1 man star team like Rambo and Die Hard 4.0, but there were 4 actors there, all with their own unique charm.
It was probably a 'one for all and all for one' deal in his mind perhaps.
Quote:
Still, Hollywood isn't 100% desperate just yet. It could be worse. Sure, they've remade "Death Race 2000" and want a remake of "Escape From New York," and they're even going to let Steve Carr direct the "Short Circuit" remake, all of which are terrible decisions. But the way you'll know that they're really scraping bottom is when they green-light a remake of "Rolling Vengeance."
We're in the era of "sticking a number in front of a movie title" for almost an entire decade, I'd say they've hit near rock bottom for a long while and as Vexx so eloquently put it:
Quote:
Ah, the ever-accelerating spin of Hollywood eating itself continues... what's next, "My Mother the Car"?
It is a major dose of regurgitation, ugh...

But to leave it to the man himself to say it better than anyone can:
Spoiler:

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote