View Single Post
Old 2011-10-15, 20:52   Link #45
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Well, I don't know: is it just me or I am finding this series more full of action than the second one? Everyone's complaining about how the story is ate the same point it started and not going forward. I am glued to the screen from the first minute to the last, and I can't wait for next week's episode!
It's not the plot is lacking movement but that much of the plot movement, in the anime mind you (Not the LN), lacks the necessary background information and build up that should've been there in season 2. Any Shana fan would have been pleased to see Snake of the Festival talking this episode, but uh... Unlike the LN we don't even really know who he is, and it just seems like Yuiji is off doing random things with a deep voice. Basically without prior knowledge it's just not that engaging for people without any knowledge. Of course some people's experiences will differ, but just speaking for those who are bothered.

I could care less if there's no action, I just care if the anime makes sense and has proper storytelling, which it absolutely does not.