View Single Post
Old 2013-11-14, 19:48   Link #4251
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have been powerplaying Yumina the Etheral as well the past few days and am on my Very-Hard-route (Yumina) chapter 6. Overall I find it enjoyable. The general humour suits my poorly developed sense (of humor), the OST has a handful of nice tracks and I enjoy most characters. Similarly, characters who are made to be jerks make you really hate them *lol*

The meh-parts? - The battles can be a bit tiresome after 2 runs, but thanks to ctrl speeding it up, it's not as I originally feared.
- The romance aspect seems also very poor. Kirara did have an earlier development (by the h-scene), but it didn't feel that natural(?) somehow. Ai wasn't sooo much better with it all being put in the last chapter together with the normal story-finale.

The in-between: - The endings are by itself okay-ish, but can feel rather sudden. I don't know what could have been done differently as the conflict was resolved afterall. But again, that was mostly a concern with Ai's route.
- Another point: Yumina's stupdidness. I know that I complain about that aspect also in other VNs when it's the MC being affected, but it's something I find strange to see as funny or interesting. In Yumina's case, at least, she has her (useless) efforts going for her, but seriously the writers could have made her a bit less useless outside of her failing grades. As such, the everyone-trolls-Yumina scenes range from being funny to painful

And I played Aozora Stripe: For some strange reason I cannot venture into Satsuki's route despite having followed the walkthrough step-by-step. Instead, I got into Misato's (which I planned to do afterwards).