View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 21:45   Link #277
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Deeper development into their backstory, character quirks, etc. Heck, I don't even need that (but it would be kind of nice). Honestly, Kirito saving Asuna feels like the subplot here when its supposed to be the main plot. Its non-nonsensical to shoehorn it into the story. I could argue all the same to just eliminate that subfocus to focus on Sugu. What point does Kirito trying to save Asuna serve if it no longer adequately develops their character? Its just needless, extra plot then.
In my opinion, you have to understand that this arc is actually focused on Kirito and Sugu, not on Kirito and Asuna. If you want more Kirito and Asuna, it would have to be the next arc. From the start of this arc, when Sugu comes into the picture, it's quite obvious that she is going to be the highlight.

Besides, what kind of development do you actually want between Kirito and Asuna in this arc, when clearly, Asuna herself is not the main focus here? Do you want even more flashbacks between Kirito and Asuna? But you should know that this arc ends when Kirito saves Asuna (that's the main objective, after all). So it's kind of like very difficult to have development between Asuna and Kirito when they don't have contact with each other.

Well, anyway, Asuna is actually the center of conflict for Sugu here, so saving Asuna is actually an important subplot, because without Asuna, there is no conflict, and without conflict, Sugu wouldn't even be in the picture.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote