View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 08:19   Link #15
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't think that it's fair to categorize an entire party just because of one bigot.

But the Republican party does seem to have an awful lot of bigots amongst its ranks today. It's a real shame - based on the general values that they used to talk about (before the whole defining marriage and abortion stuff), it sounds like they were very practical and would have had a lot to offer society. I probably would have been a Republican if I had been born 40-60 years ago. Today they come off as a bunch of social extremists ("the American Taliban") and liars when it comes to things like government size and budget.

I'm terribly disappointed that Ron Paul didn't win the nomination. I feel that would have marked a turn-around for the GOP, and a return to what their core values originally were.
I'd have preferred Paul to win the nominations. But I prefer 4 more years with Obama 1000 times over 4 years with either Paul or Romney. Romney's a flighty little b*tch through and through and his VP has to be a time traveler from the past cuz of his backward-ass views on women's rights, homosexuality, abortion and what have you. He ain't getting my vote.

If it was Paul, he wouldn't have had my vote cuz he wanted to economically isolate the US from the rest of the world in withdrawing from the WTO and enacting a more extreme version of the free market in the US than even Romney's planning to. You seem like an educated person in economics so I trust you would know what that means.