View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 08:20   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My impressions are the same as most people's, it seems: excellent first half in huge part thanks to Lady Kuroneko, shitty second half.

Hearing Hanazawa Kana and Taketatsu Aya imitate each other's characters was very fun, they both did a great job. Kirino and Kuroneko's interaction are always a delight to watch. The fact the characters they based on one another ended up suffering a horrible fate in both of their novels was just hilarious
For the first time since the first episode (I think?), I started to like Kirino again. Her over-excitement while watching Meruru was adorable and oddly endearing.

Unfortunately, the second half quickly reminded me why I dislike her so much. As someone said in another thread, the problem with her that she's 99.9% tsun and only 0.1% dere. That makes it very hard for me to like her. I have no idea why I should even like her in the first place: she is selfish, bratty and patronizing. Her only redeeming quality so far is being a super cute otaku - not that being an otaku is a redeeming quality - but it looks like the author expects us to relate to her only thanks to that, and it's not working for me except during some rare moments like in this episode. So all that's left is being super cute, which is not nearly enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But what cracked me the most was the seiyuu choice for Meruru: the only and unique Yukarin at our service. It seems the scripters (or the author of the LN?) know well the memes spawned with Nanoha and made a ultimately obvious reference to the starlight breaker and "YOU GONNA BE BEFRIENDED! *MAGICAL BEAM OF DEATH* *B00M*" stuff
This episode also confirms Kuroneko is made of win, whereas Kirino doesn't exactly shine beyond her siscon infatuation.
I kept thinking about Nanoha but I didn't realize Meruru was voiced by Yukarin
They sure did their homework. & yes, Kuroneko is made of pure win.