View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 22:02   Link #47
wen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
there's so many things wrong with this post. For starters, I've read both and I can say with certainty that DxD is better.

1. It's not that Issei doesn't have balls. It's that there are TOO many girls that every girl effectively checks and balances the others. For the few times Issei has the opportunity, he realizes the situation isn't ideal because he would simply be taking advantage of a girl in a weak mindset (Rias in V2, Akeno in V7, Koneko and her sister in V11).

2. Not sure what to say with this. Issei might have been weak in the beginning, but he develops so much that he effectively outclasses his team by volume 6 or so. In some ways, this is just as good as a MC who starts off strong since the reader can relate to the MC. And further, it's not like DBZ where we can't see the limit. We know the strongest characters in DxD, it's just a question of how far Issei develops.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. Issei most proved his worth not when he became the Red Dragon Emperor, but rather in V2 in defeat during Round 1 against that Phoenix Bastard. Very, very few MC have the spirit, will, and determination to fight like that. And if you think about it, he would only lose once more in a casual match in V3 before he goes on an undefeated streak well into V12.

3. Issei is more than cool with his very *cough* unique skills and ways to power up. He's also very likeable with his strong will and amazing work ethic. Unlike Rias or some other naturally born genius, Issei had to grind for every bit of his power. The only other character in the series that deserves the same respect is the equally awesome Sairorg.

Besides, where DxD really dominates the field are the out-of-the-blue power ups and plot twists. Often times, they're so unexpected that it's both genuinely unforeseen and hilarious.

For Hagure Yussha No Aesthetica.

The MC starts off stronger because the story skips through his weak period. There was a point in time where he was weak and hopeless; however, as you're probably aware by now, the story starts AFTER the MC defeated the Maou.

Further, if we're talking about the romance aspect. Issei bonds with his girls more than the MC in Hagure does.

And finally, the fights are all nice and exciting, but plot wise, there aren't that many surprising twists. There is one that na0m mentioned in V4 and V5 (and conversely, those are the two best volumes in the series thus far), but that's about it. The rest has been relatively predictable.
alright i agree with you on those opinions but i still want to say

1.how many chances did issei have in the whole 12 volumes to get laid with a girl, tell me, and in all those times all he did was at most suck their tits. when i read all the translated volumes and see that, that's just sort of annoys me

2.yeah i admit that he got strong through those volumes and that there is something like an end character who is the strongest, but come on the way that he power up is just too *cough* unique. feeling tits -_-
when you say red dragon emperor, do u mean oppai dragon.....

3.yeah issei is likeable but i have to say he is very typical kind of shounen MC besides for his perverted attitudes and *cough* unique skills. The MC in this novel is more unique in my opinion in that he does what he wants without caring for others opinions and also he is also a pervert.

Now my next question to those who will read this comments....
would you rather be call a punk hero or oppai dragon?!
to those who would rather be called oppai dragon...... dude i have some serious respect for you
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote