View Single Post
Old 2006-09-13, 03:55   Link #35
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
I would like to suggest an addendum to this... I think, though you're welcome to disagree, that we do not want to use just "any" character on the main site (winning banner or not). I like having a range on the forum, but the main site should be kept clean and focused; random characters do not offer that. If, or when, we replace the current (main site) banner, I would rather we replaced it with something featuring Kairin, by which I mean I will be more likely to resist the use of a banner that doesn't feature her, and more likely to support one that does!
Yes, I'd like to second this. I know this is very late as the contest has already started.

While I was the one to suggest having the winning forum banner grace the site as well (with
appropiate text of course, leaving out "forums"), some concerns popped up.

One of them was bandwidth: due to this we probably won't have alternating banners on
the site. The other may be copyright. While we might get away with using real anime art
on the forum banners under the pretext of "fair use", on the site we may not.

Of course, I may be just paranoid, but... if a banner contains just Kairin then copyright won't
be of any concern. So consider this if you want your banner to grace the site as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²

v0.0.1 Higurashi
I like the art on this one a lot, but I don't like the text much. Fix the text and you may get my vote!