View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 14:02   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Why should D.C. and D.C.S.S. be considered one season? They're completely separate stories, and watching the second season is not necessary at all to get a satisfying ending. (As a matter of fact, I think I would have preferred it if it never even existed. Aisia was just too annoying, and I hardly ever hate fictional characters, yet I seriously wanted to kill her.)
This time however, the previous season hardly focused on Yume, Otome or Anzu at all, and besides, what romance-anime ends without the main character getting a girlfriend? Therefore, a second season seems completely logical. (And I can't help but wonder, will Minatsu still be in it?)
Well, I agree in practice, but not entirely in principle. D.C.S.S. was written as a seperate story, but it was designed to follow up the original. It can't stand alone. In terms of the "canon D.C. anime universe", D.C.S.S. is the official ending that leads to D.C. II (as illustrated on D.C. II DVD 0). So your irrational hatred for Aisia aside, they're seperate seasons/productions, but they do fit together. It makes sense to see them in both ways.

As for D.C. II, this really is just a 13-week break in the same show. It's completely the same production, same staff, same writers, same animators, etc. They just took a break. So in this case, it definitely makes sense to see them as one whole, even though each half can stand on its own to some degree as well (D.C. II season one did have a fairly complete ending for the primary plot it was covering).

As for Minatsu...
Spoiler for Hint from the Second Season Anime Production Website:

P.S. I removed the game spoiler. As per the first post: "You may not post spoilers of future events as covered in the game or either manga series EVEN BEHIND SPOILER TAGS."