View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 14:31   Link #30
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I agree in practice, but not entirely in principle. D.C.S.S. was written as a seperate story, but it was designed to follow up the original. It can't stand alone. In terms of the "canon D.C. anime universe", D.C.S.S. is the official ending that leads to D.C. II (as illustrated on D.C. II DVD 0). So your irrational hatred for Aisia aside, they're seperate seasons/productions, but they do fit together. It makes sense to see them in both ways.

As for D.C. II, this really is just a 13-week break in the same show. It's completely the same production, same staff, same writers, same animators, etc. They just took a break. So in this case, it definitely makes sense to see them as one whole, even though each half can stand on its own to some degree as well (D.C. II season one did have a fairly complete ending for the primary plot it was covering).

As for Minatsu...
Spoiler for Hint from the Second Season Anime Production Website:

P.S. I removed the game spoiler. As per the first post: "You may not post spoilers of future events as covered in the game or either manga series EVEN BEHIND SPOILER TAGS."
Okay, I didn't realise that mentioning stuff from the game that won't necessarily even be in the anime was against the rules of the thread, but I guess it makes sense, being that we can't really know what will be in there. And I kinda understand your point about the previous seasons, but the second season still felt like a random sequel to a story that didn't really need to continue in my opinion. Meh, not like it matters anyway. The point is, it definitely makes a lot more sense to continue this story, as it still lacks a lot of... stuff. Like proper character-development, which the previous season severely lacked.

As for the spoiler...
Spoiler for Replying to the spoiler:

And I fail to see how my hate for Aisia is any more irrational than the constant love of Kotori and Nanaka, who are both extremely overrated if you ask me... (I don't have a problem with them or anything, I just don't see why everyone likes them so much.) or the constant hate of Nemu, for that matter.