View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 15:44   Link #39
The Green One

I find it hilarious that the raging feminists are ignoring what Asuna did accomplish and focus on obsessing what she failed to complete. Sure just ignore the fact that she broke out all on her own, navigated her enemy lair alone, unarmed, and unprotected. Found a way out, came within millimeters of actually using it and got caught because she got surprised from behind in a blind spot. So she got captured but she still had the presence of mind to snatch the system keycard and hang on to it.

Yeah the tentacle thing was disturbing and more then a little disgusting and yes it does objectify Asuna from a certain point of view. It also is intended to display what kind of amoral monsters those scientists are who are viewing living breathing humans as little more than science specimens under the microscope for their amusement.

I also can't help but wonder if all this complaining isn't about Asuna not succeeding but just that they want to see Kirito fail. As Kirito has crushed all challenges before him with contemptuous ease cries of boring invincible hero have abounded.

The point is Asuna gave it a good try with the limited resources she had and she almost did it. Give credit where credit is due. Who knows, maybe that keycard she stole just might become critical after all. Surely it was stolen for a reason right?

Naturally of course I expect 95% of the points I made in this post to be utterly ignored.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote