View Single Post
Old 2007-07-20, 06:38   Link #34
MonkeyKingEnma

There are two scenes which were a real disappointment to me:

Asuma's character and death
The only things he has shown in the whole series were a little kawarima action during the chuunin exam, a katon jutsu against hidan and of course his wind knifes.
I have to admit that his first battle against the sound shinobi to save shikamaru was the one I liked best, event though he didn't show much techniques.
By far worse was the fight he put on against hidan, he just seemed helpless there, no surprising techniques or counter tactics. Being the son of Sandaime I expected him at least to be able to summon Enma or other monkeys to aid him in his battle. I don't have any problem with Asuma dying and the whole shikamaru revenge event afterwards, but the way he died just made me wonder what qualities made him a jounin.

Oro's "death"
Imo the coolest villain I've ever seen get's his ass handed to him by his arrogant sharingan apprentice. The transformation to the big white snake just didn't fit and although being weak and sick because of staying in his body too long he got nothing but owned by sasuke. I still have hopes that he comes back in one way or the other.
MonkeyKingEnma is offline   Reply With Quote