View Single Post
Old 2009-08-03, 18:45   Link #287
ArkhanTheBlack

Quote:
sorry but i cant really see this happening for the reason that at the end of TSR Sousuke pretty much told Tessa that he only likes her as a freind and he only has feelings for Kaname.
I also read this novel a while ago and if I remember right there was a kitchen scene at the beginning with Sosuke sitting at a table and Tessa cooking something. In this scene the author describes some feelings and/or memories of Sosuke towards Tessa. I don't know if the english translation was accurate but it was an almost insane description that she was kind of goddess for him when he saw her the first time and it took almost half a year for him until he could clearly speak to her.
Since the author was describing his feelings/memories, this can be considered a 'reliable' information. I think there are two conclusions for this situation:

1.) Tessa is clearly not 'just a friend' for him!
2.) Sosuke has at least strong feelings of admiration and affection for her (Maybe even more...)
3.) He considers her pretty much out of his reach. She's kind of 'royalty' and he just a common soldier.

Sosuke definitely likes Kaname and she's much closer to his 'social level' than Tessa. Tessa was quite bold with her question if he loves her. That pretty much left him with no other choice than to refuse her. Sosuke might be a bit slow sometimes, but he's not dumb. If he answers her with yes he's pretty much agreed to start a relationship with Tessa, and that's something he considers almost impossible for a guy of his status. The other consequence would be an automatic rejection of Kaname which he also doesn't want.

The simple truth is probably that he loves both Tessa and Kaname, but since he can't have both and he considers Tessa out of his reach, the most reasonable decision for him would be a choice of Kaname.

Can't comment on Nami though, since I didn't read that novel...