View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 14:27   Link #46
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Memories from the Lord of the Rings films come back. And the heacy interest in all the novels that followed it. I sense it will happen again.

Though I'm fairly sure these two films, while they will follow the book, will not be childrens book level films. Not if they continue using the style they had in the previus three films.

But I love that the films will flow together because it is made by the same people with the possible returning cast being the same (elves and wizards mostly...but also Gollum). Also we will get to see stuff that was only talked about in the novel...the stuff Gandalf was doing in the south for much of it.

I also remember that in one of the commentaries from the other films, that Peter Jackson has specifically saved the Bag End set, partly because it was a nice piece and partly in case he every got around to making the Hobbit...which, now, he is.

And don't tell me you wouldn't want to live in a home like Bag End. A place like that seems alomst tailor made for hot places like Arizona. Only the doors would need to be changed for safety reasons.