View Single Post
Old 2013-11-14, 23:42   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Okay, I got the picture. How long you were using the Fatal1ty (what an irony) board?

It's a long shot that a new board be killed even with the best power protection available, so more likely a glitched board, which should be eligible for an RMA.
I used it for a few hours. It was working excellently for a few hours after installation and then it stopped working and I started the troubleshooting and, ergo, my original post.

I did not suspect a bad power attack because Las Vegas power is relatively clean, there were no strange weather going on, there was a basic power strip between the wall and the Seasonic, and there was, well, the mighty Seasonic [tested working afterwards] between the strip and the motherboard, which should have regulated anything less than the wrath of Zeus himself.

And if it was working safely inside the case for the first few hours, it could not have been my striking awesomeness that shocked it during installation.

So it goes.

As replacement, I bought a Gigabyte H87 board which is now in my possession. I will be installing on Saturday (work and all). As for RMA'ing, frankly, newegg is horribad at RMA. Never again, Amazon4lyfe. I'm trying, though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote