View Single Post
Old 2009-01-10, 23:49   Link #157
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I don't get the bashing of the story - how hard it is to see that it wasn't exactly serious, to put it quite mildly? And it didn't seem like unintetional comedy either. Also, "unneeded fanserive"? Is there any other kind of fanservice?
Well all you really need to know is that THAT has a stunning tendency to either miss or overstate the obvious. More importantly though I think it's safe to say that if you are a blogger who is non-fluent in Japanese and yet decide to watch something RAW anyway only to end up finding yourself wondering why none of the story makes any sense to you whatsoever then you need to step back and really think about whether you're really cut out for the whole first impression gig.

If your looking for a better first impression article though then I personally like this one a lot since it's clear the blogger actually:

a) knows what he's talking about and doing enough to give a balanced perspective and
b) bothered to do some research about the various staff members, histories, and concepts at work behind the series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote