Thread: Licensed 11eyes
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 14:13   Link #278
Doria

I think most any anime adaptation of 12-13 eps will be difficult, when the source material is a much longer manga or game. I'm honestly not too sure how they should have done it to make it feel more epic.

I understand that having them beat the Knights in one fight, individually, seems kind of anticlimactic, but with 6 Knights (assuming we do not get all 7), unless you're planning to have multiple Knights defeated simultaneously towards the end, it's going to be tough to avoid some of these 1 per episode defeats. Budget would also suffer with much longer fights. I'd rather have shorter ones consistently well-animated, with more budget spent on the later fights.

But I can say this not having played the game, so with nothing to compare it to. Overall, though, I think they've done a decent job in pacing the series, and in juggling time spent with character development and time spent in fights/Red Night. I do think you could postponed a victory earlier and maybe beaten a couple Knights together later, to make it feel more difficult, but beyond that, I can't think of too many suggestions that would fit into an episode count of this length...
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote