View Single Post
Old 2007-08-07, 13:44   Link #201
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
I noticed that (I even wonder why you watch the series).
I was just trying to explain how the three seasons of MGLN work.
Don't feel like explaining the reasons but looks like they're different from yours at least.
If it were really as simple as your explanation I'd feel bad for the series.

Quote:
I kinda was in the "Jail's not a complete monster" side.
Besides, one can try to avoid needlessly killing, and still do what needs to be done to achieve his goals.
Oh well, it was kinda my point back then as well. I don't like how he's being continuously portrayed as a madman recently though, I'd prefer him as a calm and calculating type.

Quote:
Yeah, it's life -- each one of us will die eventually. But you seem to have missed the "It'd be nice if..." part.
[I'm not sure I'm too clear here. If not, just read on...]
I didn't miss anything, just don't want to become personal here, though if you insist ...

Quote:
You wanted some characters to die. Now, please name some characters you want to see dead, and tell me you care about them.
Maybe we use different definitions of caring, but whatever, here you go (I'll use a minor character as example for now): Zafira - he's unlikely to shine anywhere until the end of the season, so his existence now is simply pitiful; he could've had a dramatic last stand scene (a la Archer in F/SN) and die proudly, his death also having a major impact on the rest of the Knights; his character would've become something more than a target for jokes from the audience; that's the way I care about him.

Quote:
Well, compare Lindy who looks like a airhead but gets the job done, and Regius who's overly serious but completely incompetent.
That's a point to needle the scenarists/producers, not me. Also seen in many anime, so MSLN isn't being original here.

Quote:
Do you really think there's a big difference between the first two seasons and the third?
I don't think, I feel the difference. And it can't be changed by any visual similarities.