View Single Post
Old 2007-04-08, 12:19   Link #466
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Seems like the opening is more popular than the show.

Seriously though, I think I'll like this. I don't know why Guile is fighting Izumi, but it seems like it should be...intriiiiiiiiguing. Oh and Kyoto Animation not being up to par on animation, well of course, they're just trying to transfer the style of the 4Koma. 2Chan basically disappointed themselves I think by having unrealistic expecations for a series that anyone could tell is not meant to change the world. Kyoto Animation targeted moe fans, now its time to target fans of bizarre humour (and I suppose with a touch of moe, but eh). I think 2Chan, Key fans, etc. need to get over that fact that this one isn't for them this time.

Oh and the opening is Psycho and caused me to have a shit eating grin on my face as I couldn't understand what was going on with the processed chipmunk style hyper voices. I think I get Izumi's message in the trailer now and that is "this will probably be you as you watch this show and try to figure out just what the hell's going on". Also hopefully people don't take the opening and with it all over across the internet (Well I know 2chan probably or somebody probably will) and we can enjoy the series without that overshadowing the gags at every turn.

I guess I'll get the most enjoyment out of this as I never had high expecations to begin with from Kyoto Animation. I start fresh with each new project at a medium level of anticipation, meaning I know its coming, but I generally don't feel either overly negative or overly positive about who's doing it, what is about and who's in it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote