View Single Post
Old 2009-08-03, 17:29   Link #1125
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So any word on whether Wars managed to get rid of that game breaking (at least enjoyment wise) tendency of Spirits to not know when to end the bloody stage? I ask because I just tried to play Spirits one last time before I file it away forever and by the 5th enemy reinforcement on my exhausted units and with the abitrary time limit the game once again set on the game over clock to destroy everything within eight turns I just said fuck this. What a waste Spirits was. So much potential just flushed down the drain by the most irritating gameplay mechanics imaginable.

By the sounds of it they've done several things pivotally right to making sure Wars doesn't make the player feel nearly as unreasonably handicapped. 180 degree turning ships and more capital are huge. It'll be nice to actually be able to afford things this time around, but if it's still like 10 enemy reinforcements per stage and that feeling of always being on the age of game over and simply not being given the energy and units to beat arbitrary time limits then it won't help much. It's not that hard so I guess I know soon enough if Namco Bandai took pride in the 30th anniversary or just did what most Japanese companies do nowadays and just copied and pasted with new gimmicks and characters without bothering to do what is most important in fixing the key flaws of prior games.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote