View Single Post
Old 2009-06-22, 11:49   Link #62
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
The topic here is to discuss whether or not anime is being abused, not trying to solve FireChick's dilemma with ecchi/fanservice. She stated an opinion about the abundance of fanservice in modern anime, which has nothing to do with whether or not she herself watches them. For all we know, she might already be avoiding them like a plague, yet that doesn't mean she is prohibited from expressing her thoughts, right?

Think of it like this. I orz at the mention of Queen's Blade. FireChick took it up to the next level and made a topic instead.
Again, I'll have to disagree. As seen on the second page, the author of this thread asked for this thread to be closed. Too many people were offering counters, instead of agreeing with their opinion. This seemed to have aggravated the author. So to me, it seems like the author wasn't up for any discussion. A discussion is based on many opinions, counters, etc. If you shut out these counters and try to force a one sided topic, then I do say that maybe the best thing to do is just ignore it. There will be other people who have opinions that differ, and if one can't cope with that, then the best thing to do is ignore it.

If someone started a topic of discussion, than ignoring the issue at hand isn't proper since they are open to discussing both sides of the story. Making compromises, learning more about the issue, etc.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote