View Single Post
Old 2010-07-25, 18:02   Link #1125
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Well, well, Haruka's arc actually turned out alright at the end of the day. As far as the grandparents "Not being there", I too think it is in the realm of possiblity that Haruka planned that. I liked the way things wrapped up. Haruka finally told Juinchi how she felt, and we saw a side of her that we didn't see a lot of. She was actually really insecure and nervous concerning things about Juinchi. Which came as a slight surprise to me since we only saw small bits of it via phone conversations with Hibiki.
Well, I think they dropped a couple more hints of this kind. Like Haruka dragging him away from the others. Her irritation about the poor compatibility score. Her reaction to Junichi's quiet swimsuit gawking - she wasn't playful-confident like during the swim club scene, but tense, and she scolded him for not complimenting her immediately. Her jealousy when she thought he was ogling other girls. Compared to earlier, when she was fully relaxed and in control, she was much more short-tempered and insecure later. I think they handled this development pretty well.

Quote:
The timeskip was a nice bonus that I wasn't really expecting. It was nice to see that they got married. Overall, Haruka was quite a solid character all things considered, and her arc turned out to be enjoyable.
I agree. The timeskip will be quite interesting for several other characters.

Now bring on Karou![/QUOTE]

I loved serenade beta's nickname for her ^_^ ... Wakame (seaweed)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote