View Single Post
Old 2010-07-26, 03:22   Link #1137
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Really, it went confession --> dumped --> try again --> no answer --> christmas event --> finally couple --> time skip --> married? I think that's a wee bit much to cram in the span of 4 episodes.

I mean, even the 1 episode per heroine of other omnibus adaptations feels more complete, ironically enough.
And here I need to emphatically disagree. The 1-ep omnibus adaptions like in Clannad have tremendous holes in the story, due to time constraints. Like with Tomoyo, they skip the entire part how the two of them developed feelings for each other. Same with Kyou, here the twist is merely how to communicate things. These shows take _one_ aspect and show it, and simply take all other missing developments as granted. This may make for one interesting scene, but COMPLETENESS is very very lacking.

How did they meet? What caused them to develop an interest for each other? How did they deal with it? How did their feelings develop after that? What about difficulties?

Quote:
Because there, you expect them only to cram so much in 20 minutes, so you expect them only to give you a glimpse of that girl's story.
Yes. So you mean you'd rather forgive the complete lack of this since you didn't expect much about it to begin with? I guess that's a position one can take, but I can't agree, sorry.

Quote:
Here it was obvious they tried to fit the entirety of Haruka's arc, and I dunno about others, but it didn't work at all for me. Props though for first episode rejection (which is rare), but the rest were just meh to me.
*shrug*

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think that the show offered answers to all the questions I listed above. The keen observer was also able to pick up several subtle cues to see and predict many developments happening later. And while it's true that they were working on a time budget and I'd have loved to see more side questions dealt with (e.g. Miya jelousy), I found the development quite believable and enjoyable to watch.

I'd say grats for a very pleasurable arc which makes appetite for more.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote