View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 19:04   Link #2726
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Immortality didn't seem to stop Horo from making friends with humans and enjoying her immortality. And simply, a person level of experience or how wise they are, is not a method I'd use to defend them for not having friends. It makes them sound pretentious.

And again, this has more to do with personality
Spoiler for concerns info about spice and wolf series:

Quote:
This does not address the point I brought up though, that if she has never smiled genuinely then her smiles hold no value. Friendship is often said to start with a smile, a real one. If you never smile genuinely, then your simply not going to have friends.
It's said, it's not a truth nor is there any evidence about that. I've gained some friends even if I don't smile by their side, maybe that is why I'm don't have that many friends to being with. And when you become friends with someone via the internet you can't represent a smile to him/her(a "" is a command, it's not an emotion), there's no proof that your smile is real to beging with when the friendship has been formed.

Quote:
C.C. does not want to die to escape pain, C.C. wants to die to give her life meaning. Her own words from 15. She is seeking to give herself a purpose to having lived. As such, her seeking death hardly says anything about her past life. I also do not buy into the idea of her 'true' wish because the only way it is really possible for her to have never achieved even a sliver of happiness in life is to have completely alienated herself from all people or to have been systematic. This means that it was her choice, not an effect of her immortality. In fact, if we see how she treated Mao and Lelouch, I'd say that is exactly what she was doing, running away from all possible happiness. In other words, she didn't let herself find it. Which is her own fault.
Giving your life a resolve to die, clearly represents that your past is awfull and that she doesn't enjoy living and that is because she hasn't experienced happiness, atleast from my POV