View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 05:18   Link #67
kuromitsu

>Vena
Re: Kagura, it's not how he speaks (we already know about the reverse, although IMO it's not because he's tsundere or embarrassed - his entire power is "reverse" so it must be connected to that), it's what he says and the entire situation.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
]I never trust the official English names for the moves, because on average anime English isn't that good. So FWIW, "Detachment Wing" is an interesting gloss they've chosen. The first part is "無執", which as far as I know is a pretty good match for (philosophy-style) "detachment". But 不惑 is more like "righteous" or "the right path" (cf: 知者不惑, which is where I know it from...*that's* a phrase you can easily get sick of hearing).
I interpreted it as more like "no attachments, no wavering" (as kanji-per-kanji) which I think is mostly in line with what Fudou said (one without attachments won't be misled by anything, or something along those lines... I never know how to translate that into English.) Btw it means something similar in the proverb you quote: "a wise man doesn't let himself be led astray (from the right path)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Zessica saying he's not the hero stood out to me more as a weird line from her, she's seemingly turned into the "negative" woman she used to criticize Mikono for being.
Hm? I thought she was being sarcastic in a sad way - not "you're not the hero" but more like "there he goes being all heroic"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I wouldn't say I don't trust Fudo, but how he can foresee somethings and not others (albeit only one event as of now) confuses me.

Spoiler for Why didn't Fudo predict what happened in episode 13?:
Fudou knew something was up, that's why he said they needed Jin's power (and they really did end up needing it). But it seems like Fudou doesn't have actual prescience (the show would be pretty boring if he did), he just knows what to expect and recognizes certain patterns. It's like, he senses when something is up, knows what he should do about it, he does what he can (keeps Jin around, makes the elements undergo special training, etc), but he can't or won't influence how things actually play out so he's mostly just an observer and occasional advisor. Either because there's the limit of his powers (or that he lacks certain powers), or because that's what he'd decided. Note that Mykage doesn't directly interfere either after a certain point: sure he'll boost Kagura's energy via dimension gate, and whisk him away from certain doom, but other than that he just observes how Kagura is doing. (He pretty much killed Jin out of spite, something Fudou didn't expect.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-09 at 05:34.