Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 00:35   Link #4611
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Sorry, this has gotten ridiculous, people are particularly speculating on that one instance of the "tank in the water" -- if that's the case, answer me this, how does Miho diving into the water change the situation you outline above? Why not call for assistance? You can't open the hatch from the inside -- how the hell do you open it from the outside? If you can open it from the outside, then you can open it from the inside. [Edit cause I got ninja'd] It was either serious -- and therefore Miho wouldn't be able to help or it was not serious -- in which case Miho was derelict of her actual duty.

This is a rehash of a discussion had over 100 pages back. Move on people.

That said, these other comments, particularly calling Shiho horrible vulgar, nasty and other things, obviously portrays an emotional response and an opinion based on personal values -- attempting to hide that behind a veneer of objectivity isn't convincing. You can agree or disagree, cool, but people need to reflect on their own objectivity.
My line of thinking was more towards what I see as a disconnect between what Shiho believes - Victory at all costs (and which Sumeragi supports, on the basis of purity of values and adherence to martial arts principles), versus actual military practice, which is to halt the exercise and rescue the people, because trained personnel are an investment of time and money that is not simply squandered.

Whether or not the hatch could be opened is a side note. The main issue is a clash between a mindset that places priority on victory at all costs, that would sacrifice crew members to hold on to a winner's trophy, versus a mindset that emphasises safety over victory in a field excercise, sacrificing victory for the safety of the team.

Also, I wouldn't call Shiho vulgar; she's quite polite, afterall. I do submit, however, that her school's mindset, paradigm and principles would encourage a rather ruthless mindset. But this is my opinion.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote