View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 02:18   Link #3627
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Love triangle scenarios could be OK if done properly. But most of the time the drama is just really badly written.

So I played Yukino and Midori's routes and they were so much better than Runa's. I liked Yukino's, at least Yuuma matures a bit. He's still useless in general though. (Still pissed off at the Runa route travesty).
I finished Runa's route yesterday and, yes, with rare exceptions her route was a huge gloomy and depressing journey. Not only with the romance, but also outside of it . It's really a shame because Runa did in Yukino's route a nice job when she consoled him a few times.And Yuuma actually realized in Yukino's route (at the very, very end) that Runa has a crush on him.

Mhm, I think I finish Maya's route first because I'm deeper in her route than in Kyou's.

As a mid-breakdown: I could accept most drama, really I did, but if it were not so dragged out the experience would be much more lovely.
I'll be starting to look again for something more or less pure light-hearted in order to "relax" afterwards.

And I completed Futsuno Fantasy. It even had drama in Fantasy II, but it was handled far, far more tolerable and enjoyable so I don't have much to complain about this VN. Nice OST, an absolutely lovely cast (dere-dere hero Hisui and dere-dere fighter Karen were *hnnnnnghhhh* ).
It's a bit unfortunate that in Futsuno Fantasy II only the first 7 - 9 chapters and the epilogue were actually heroine specific (to develop the romance of choice) so that makes it a bit boring for viewing all endings afterwards.