View Single Post
Old 2013-07-05, 10:13   Link #57
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Ok I agree that this episode was a bit of a craptacular. Mostly in the way the story was presented.

The main problem is the timing and the presentation of the "recap". It was shown as a continuous story line as if all the events shown actually occurred in in that time frame. There was no apparent time skips or flashback/flashforwards. It was presented closer to that in "real time" as if the events that occurred actually occurred on that time scale.

The result was a train wreck of an episode that would probably confuse new comers more then was already necessary with this reboot. :P

It almost makes me want to do this:

(made that animation awhile back and now found a use for it. )

But I'll watch the next two episodes and hope they get back on track. As long as the rest aren't condensed train wrecks like this one, I won't end up hating this one. I liked the original and knowing this one will follow the manga more closely will keep my interest even though it's covering some of the same plot lines as the original. I expect it to go in a little different direction as result and the animation style and look has certainly improved so it's got that going for it.

The Desu Queen her self was looking great in the new animation style as well, so no complaints there. Good to see she will still have the habit of blasting through windows and saying Desu at the end of sentences. If they took that out, someone would have to be murdered over that.

When I watched the original, I took a quick look at the dub. As soon as I found that the dub didn't have the Desu....I deleted it and watched the sub. So I will definitely be avoiding any dubs of this series.

oh and...........DESU!

I have cameras in your head!