Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-09, 22:43   Link #6010
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause
In other words don't believe everything they tell ya,cause they don't know everything!!
Don't blame researchers. They're doing their job -- research, experiment, collect data, and yes, revise. The worst scientist is the one who knows everything and is always correct.

Blame the media; few journalists [watch out for TRL's rebuttal!? ] know the science they're reporting, and there's a tendency to exaggerate or draw decisive statements out of preliminary conclusions. It comes with journalistic writing I suppose; too many if's and but's cut down on clarity and they can't afford that, even when the actual subject demands that there be no clarity yet.

And yes, coke is bad. If you're drinking it as much as many Americans do. I know this because I know everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
So true. I have seldom touched fruit and veg and I'm losing weight (not gaining on chips, yoghurt and other fried foods). In fact, I border on being underweight! It's all about eating the right amount, not what you eat.
Quite the opposite, actually. Good food is good for you...unless you're stupid and eat a stupid amount of it.

Also, you're sixteen. Many of us when we're young can carelessly coast through life just fine. Then karma comes back and everybody gets an epiphany at 30.

[/me underweight too]