Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 02:05   Link #26255
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
As much as there is an ongoing debate about the Falklands. Just because a group of civilians are demonstrating in front of an embassy on an annual basis doesn't mean you can send planes off the mark into what is already recognized as Japanese airspace. I have yet to see the RAF violate Argentinian airspace whenever Argies demonstrate in front of the British embassy. I'm sure some people would be the first to shout out loud against Britain if they did that.

And considering that Stalin violated the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact and was never blamed in history books while Hitler was (rightfully) crucified for violating the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, all of that while Japan already had a knee down after the 2 nuclear bombings, that's an even more difficult one to swallow.

About the missing part, I only picked up the article and the quote from another website I'm registered on.

Anyway, discussions were going on, things were kept civil inside the bilateral committee working on the discussions, but now this doesn't help at all. Whoever were piloting those jets made a major judgement error there when they had plenty of airspace over the Kurils at the time. Let the politicians do their job for once!
It's just our way of saying "Oh, please..." Also, "Japan last reported an incursion by Russian aircraft in February 2008." bugs me, because I read arcticle like that on an annual basis.

Here is the 2012 version of the "incident": http://newsru.ru/russia/09feb2012/vsp.html (in russian, sorry). It was "five planes" at that time, icluding Tu-95 and A-50.