View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 14:46   Link #142
Toku

Started reading Forgery of the Golden Witch. The beginning implies that this was written before the EP6 translation patch was released, and if that's really true, then I find it amazing that it includes things that I wouldn't have been able to properly understand without reading EP7 first.

But now that I've read all eight novels, I kind of know what to expect from the world of the game board by now... So, I hope it will still be challenging. It already looks as though Rosa, Rudolf, and Kyrie are culprits or at least accomplices. It's way too early to start thinking that it's easy, though, since I haven't even gotten any Red Truths yet.

On a side note, some of the characters have rather skewed personalities. Battler in particular, is different from how he was in Umineko. And Rosa, to a lesser extent. I actually think Jessica seems a little off too.

Don't get me wrong though. So far, I've been quite impressed with this. I can't imagine how much work it must have taken to do this, and when it comes to fanfiction, I'm rarely able to expect such quality from it.
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote