View Single Post
Old 2011-02-27, 12:11   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Stupid act? On you? Don't flatter yourself. I was contributing to the overall discussion and not pointing at you.

And the .png was 80 KB.
You're either trolling or don't know how to convert between bytes and kilobytes/kibibytes.

How many KB do you think 50,000 bytes is? I'll give you a hint, it's less then 80.

Quote:
So we'll just direct link from somewhere. I think it's better anyway since we won't be using AS's bandwidth.
This is not about bandwidth, this is about you spreading misinformation.

Also, let them worry about their bandwidth. The feature is there for everyone to use it. If it's a problem, they can disable it. And FYI you're not downloading the signature each time you see it or load a page—unless your browser's retarded. Also, just because signatures are larger in size (pixel) then avatars doesn't mean they take more bandwidth. Why aren't you worried or complaining about avatars? Didn't you notice, your PNG avatar also has the gif extension.

And also, as a tangent to this topic of bandwidth. Allowing people to host them on outside sources is the reason for the rules being so complicated and also can potentially lead to bandwidth sucking signatures and slow page loads. Lets say you host it on your own site, if you don't set the proper cache headers you're forcing everyone to re-load the stupid thing each time; completely defeating the reason we have these limits to begin with! (people who are on slow connections are usually also on X traffic per month plans)