View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 04:01   Link #31051
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
The entire Golden Land battle is like that ... it's like, this weird point in the narrative where yeah, I'm enjoying the epic music and cool fight scene, but it's kind of jarring to see the humans talking entirely out of their Meta-asses to defend themselves.
I enjoy it that way. It's basically saying that there's no proof that they were good people, there's still some evidence for it.

The whole point is, again, it's a cat box. The goats were trying to eliminate the concepts of the "good versions" of the people in the box using evidence from outside of the box, but those "good version" concepts were still pretty tenacious. They were difficult to completely destroy because there was still some out-of-the-box evidence here and there testifying to their "goodness".

That was my take on it, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Here's the thing though: The police believe over a dozen people are dead. They need to track down and talk with a lot of people besides Eva: relatives, servants who weren't on duty that day, people that had seen the victims recently, Kawabata (well they won't need to find him since he reported the event and is probably cooperating), etc.
Honestly, it seems like Kawabata should have a pretty good idea who was and who wasn't on the island, since he's the one who ferried them.

Or did people go to and from the island another way?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote