View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 16:11   Link #1080
Nixl

Not going to lie, that sounds like a load of bull from Reid. Why would it stress the servers instead of the player's pc? He danced around the second exe. that is running simultaneously with the game. If not related to the second exe., why not have the player's character be in high resolution while everything other player/texture be on a lower setting? I just do not follow in this case. Also, the thread I posted was locked with the mod shutting it down since they did not like the speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaxZatch View Post
I can't wait til endgame. leveling wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.
Unless they fixed the surplus of bugs, you may want to take your time. There was a post on the flashpoint forum posted by a Gelopez that did a nice write-up of the problems/bugs, etc.

@Kyral, I saw the response/conclusion to the threads before they were shut down, but I am still left confused about what the second exe. is about then. To be clear, I have no background with PCs, but if not a remote render or an anti-theft program what does the second exe. do?

edit: I realized that it may sound (read?) like I am overreacting, but I am genuinely curious about this issue. That and, speculation threads that the mods disprove of on the official forum are fun in a sense.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-12 at 16:24.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote