View Single Post
Old 2013-04-14, 14:10   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentatsumi View Post
I think the animation quality was, well.. Kinda weird in the first half, and it got better in the second, increase of budget half-way?
I think it's probably more due to time pressure. From what little bits have slipped, it sounds like they really rushed to get the series airing quickly once the production decision was made. And so it seems like, as the team started gelling better and they got a further grip on the schedule, they got better at what they were doing and what they were going for. Perhaps they were able to secure more-skilled animators/contractors, and/or had more time to do corrections and rework... not sure...

What I still think is remarkable about this production is that the lead writer penned the script herself for 23 out of the 26 episodes (with only one other writer for the three remaining). That's a lot of effort to ensure the script has continuity, but of course it also means that the writer's own personal sensitivities colour the work a bit more. In either case, this is definitely a more costly/time-consuming way of doing things, so it's clear that a lot of effort was placed here (and also that the Production Committee really put a lot of faith in the writer they chose for such a daunting -- some called near-impossible -- task).