Thread: Proposal New Threads on Commencement
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 19:43   Link #1
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
New Threads on Commencement

Hi all,

Now it goes without saying that AnimeSuki has an amazing layout, with the subforum section making episodic discussion easily accessible so you can discuss and read about the media without worrying about spoilers or having to hunt through discussion of previous episodes.

Now, I'm fully aware that it is impossible to give a subforum to every airing anime, and only those with the most active discussion get their own subforum. This is perfectly reasonable, but I feel there might be something more we can do to clean up the discussion for the anime that do not get their own subforum.

One of the biggest struggles some people tend to have is wading through a few dozen pages of "speculation" and comments like "I'm looking forward to this." that are rather unhelpful for any sort of discussion of any kind. Now, I don't see an issue in having this speculation threads, but is it possible to suggest a new thread be created and the old one locked once an anime has commenced airing? This way there is a need for only two threads

The Pros:

- Easier access for discussion of the less popular anime.
- A much cleaner presentation of the discussion

The Cons:

- The time required to create the new threads and lock the old ones
- The less popular anime taking up two threads instead of just one, taking up more space.